Tuesday 6 January 2015

Work is stealing my hobby time.

First rank finished
Actually managed to get a pretty decent shot of the rear rank all painted and finished. More than anything else this picture has got my excited about the project, something about starting to put a group of painted minis together for a picture is satisfying for a person that paints as slowly as I do.

Unfortunately my work always gets hectic just after Christmas and New Years Eve which means not much time for models. I have managed to to do a bit more GSing on the scroll caddy Sorcerer though.

First off the head; I was going to originally do a classic Fly head on him but the mouth parts just kept on turning out like a miniature Elephants trunk. After staring at various fly pictures I just gave up and rethought it somewhat and went with a blood sucker type bug. No one spreads disease like a mosquito so that was the vague idea here, yellow fever anyone?

I have also cut out and then filled in a couple of open sores, blanked out a disk on his midriff ready for a Nurgle symbol as well as starting to fill a nasty mold line down the staff and arm .

 Next was something for the staff top, once again I have had a change of heart. Originally the plan was to pop a Nurgle symbol on the end, but this just didn't work from certain angles. So with a couple of bits of wire I have made a form for a spiral which I will GS into a sort of spewing vomit style affair to represent a Nurgle spell.



No comments:

Post a Comment