Sunday 18 January 2015

Warriors of Nurgle, bits and bobs.

A bit of a scrappy selection of progress in this post I'm afraid as I  try to get more of the Warriors unit done.

Painting.

Warriors 6 & 7  painted, taking the unit to near half strength (including a Lord and Sorcerer). Whilst I like the effect doing the Warriors different shades of green it isn't very good at helping me get them painted.




The eagle eyed among you may have noticed the lack of Static Grass on the last few painted minis, this is because I now have the only internally flocked spaniel in Sussex. Little blighter has a thing about chewing plastic pots and bottles and somehow nabbed the flock off my table, GW seem to have stopped doing the really light sand coloured static grass so I'm on the hunt for a replacement.
Not so bad on this army as it's only just started, but very annoying if I can't get a match on my Tomb Kings..


Modelling.

Had real trouble thinking of designs for the last few shields, but doing the Fly head on the Sorcerer has helped a bit spawning a fly head shield (which is a good chance to practice the colours for the Sorcerers head),a 'maggot' shield and with so many mouths done already a 'other end' design.



Next up is 3 warriors that are the same colour (just how it's worked out) so I'll try and be a bit more 'batch painter' on those and speed myself up some, I'll probably end up doing bits on the Sorcerer in between as well. Also I have to finish off GSing up the Musicians horn, which is the last bit of modelling apart from the Lord ( which I don't even have yet).
The eventual plan is to do a couple more Warriors when I get another box to be able to swap out the characters as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment