Sunday 15 February 2015

Komanda GrubKop gathers da Boyz.

WAAAARGH!

That is right you read correctly...

WAAAARGH!


Not very Nurgly is it?  And in this case not even Warhammer Fantasy Battle.

After my first visit in a long time to the local gaming club it is apparent the 40K still is king of the heap when it comes to getting a game with the minimum of pre-arrangement.

Add to that the fact that one of my good lady's work colleagues want's to start playing tabletop battles and I need to get my 40k collection up to speed.

After a long break from the hobby I suddenly find myself with a pile of outdated books and a need to spend money on Codex Orks and the basic rulebook.
Why Orks?
 Purely because out of all my incomplete 40k armies it is the one I have the most painted for that I am happy with. It is also the biggest pile of unpainted plastic out of all my 40k.

Pushing the Looted Wagons to one side for now ( Gork I wish I hadn't enjoyed building and painting those so much!) I have a reasonable amount table ready, even if it doesn't contain enough infantry.


Komanda GrubKop's Blitz Brigade
Kommada GrubKop

Ard Boyz


Long ago I started this army and the original idea was a very vehicle heavy mobile army.
Random presents and magpie purchases kind of derailed this and some of the stuff I bought probably won't work due to the codex change.

Painting boyz bores the fungus out of me but needs doing, (by boyz I mean all the more basic Infantry) and I only ever managed to paint a few trukk mobs worth of the Gitz.
 Gubbinz was always more my style but I don't know how that fits into the current army book, I know Looted Wagon is a White Dwarf not codex unit now but can't get the Codex and Rulebook til the 28th of Feb to find out what tank and mecanikal kinds or joy it will contain.

I will be facing Imperial Guard ( even that has changed name to Astra Militarum)and can only assume that it still is an army full of lots of squishy oomies, guns and tanks still. Thus I will look to units that should work against that first. That said the chaps never played before so the beard and cheese need to stay in the case for a while.

So with all that waffle in mind  Trukks, Shoota boyz, Slugga boyz, a basic Warboss seem like safe starting point to add to all the stuff I have painted already.  ( The Goff stuff in the Gallery doodad top right.)

Time to have a rummage about and dig out all those Black Reach Slugga boyz and Warboss as a starting point.
 Even if I just get them prepped and glued I can at least offer a nice target rich environment for the new  Guard player train on.






No comments:

Post a Comment