Sunday 25 January 2015

More Warriors of Nurgle and Chaos Hounds

Painting

Well, had 3 WoN of the same armour colour to paint so thought I'd try a mini batch paint session.

It didn't make it past the armour stage as I did 3 different leathers and 3 different colours on the inside of the cloaks.


I just like too much variation through an army to stick at batch painting WoN but at least it is a pretty low model count army, unlike my 40K Orks. Experiment sort of failed as I moved on to painting a pair of them and split the Standard Bearer off to do individually.




'Housework' & Canine control

 I also gave my captured part of the dining table a big old tidy up and got a pair of old Cotton reel drawers as storage to stop the dog stealing any more stuff off the table.Foiled on that front the hairy lil bleeder stole my wallet off the side board and chewed a credit card out of it.
Plastic eating Chaos Hound.
Ok, not as savage as she looks, she fell asleep with her face against the bars and ended up like this when she woke up lol.


Spending

 Seeing as the dog hit my wallet I thought it was time I did too. First thing to sort out was the gap in the front row of the Warriors unit by dropping in a Lord, after a lot of looking and dithering over Blight Kings, the Plastic Nurgle Lord and various other minis I decided to get a Herald of Nurgle body ( Back) off Ebay and see what I could do with that. Should be interesting, so far it's been adding organic parts to Man made ones, this chap will be the other way round as I intend to add armour to the torso, arm/s, head and some to the skinny leg.

Lord of Nurgle to be.



 More core and some Mobility are probably a good idea so Chaos Hounds spring to mind ( no, not the Red and White one that keeps chewing plastic, damn Welsh Springer Spaniels). Although the standard kit is good enough Dire Wolves are better for a Nurgle conversion in my opinion ,so a box of those is in and the first 'test' mini is under the knife. So far I've just filled some of the 'Frankenstein' patch working and added a maggoty thing into the empty eye socket, pustules and other detailing to go on next.

Probably better get this puppy to the Vets.

Dragon Ogres also have hit the shelf of much to do, although I'm not sure about them as an army choice and if dedicating them ( visually, no rules) to Nurgle is a good idea either.

More Chaos Warriors, yes I will be boring the world with more as I struggle to find ideas for Shield designs, Halberds this time though, which will at least offer a change of some sort..

I also saw some Nurgle Bile Trolls on ebay and clicked 'buy it now' on a whim, at a £10 saving on the Forge World cost and no postage on top seemed like a bargain. The casting is terrible, there is a bit missing and I reckon the closest they were ever to the Forge World factory was Beijing before they got to me. Nothing I can't sort with GS, but a tad annoying as I bought them so I had a Unit I didn't need to convert the daylights out of.

Another thing sort of connected to the Hobby was a new Camera, an upgrade from a little auto pocket job (Fuji Z10) to a bridge camera (Nikon L330), so be prepared for some dubious Photography as I work it out.

That lot should keep me busy for a while anyhoo.

No comments:

Post a Comment